Monday, June 15, 2009

Starting My Blog

At about 8:30pm 15th of June, my eldest son and I got together on Skype with a view to creating a blog about my life with narcolepsy. In the course of this contact my son to briefly attend to my grandson's to read bedtime stories and put them to bed. However, I was unaware of this as development as I had a cataplectic attack and only learned of this when I reconnected... in fact, I frequently have cataplectic attacks when I talk to him on Skype, escpecially when the grandkids are around.

As narcoleptics would understand, a cataplexy is brought on by emotional response. The stronger the response the stronger the cataplectic attack, and the sight of my granchildren thousands of miles away, viewed over a computer video link, tends to bring this on.

Later we continued to setup my website on which my blog for which my lifetime of narcolepsy would be the main subject. For the next 15 minutes, my son helped me to setup the website narcolepsyandme.blogspot.com. What follows will be the result. It is my hope that other narcoleptics struggling to comprehend their situation will find some degree of understanding and comfort from my blog.

2 comments:

  1. Great working with you Dad... proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have narcolepsy also, but have not had any signs of cataplexy. Perhaps you would like to read an article I wrote.
    http://narcolepsyliving.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete